This Church of Ireland church was built in 1809 and forms part of the Drumcliffe Group of Parishes. Known internationally as being the final resting place of William Butler Yeats, one of Ireland’s greatest literary figures. It is a fine example of the early-nineteenth century Gothic style built by the Board of First Fruits, although more elaborate than the norm with a soaring tower with unusual octagonal corner buttresses capped by pinnacles. Extensive refurbishment works were carried out in 1999. During these works sections of High Crosses were discovered built into the original stone work.